Team's Weekly Activity

Friday, June 25, 2010

Atwater Run For Independence is Coming Up!!!

We are one week and one day away from the July 4th race in Atwater. This race will be a good test to see where our fitness is as we begin organized team workouts.

Here is the link http://users.elite.net/mercedtrack/calendar/rfi1.htm You can follow this link and register on line. It is cheaper to do it this way than to register on race day.

For a frame of reference, I used to run summer road races as tests during my competitive years. My best ever base period 5 mile race is 27:38 run on July 4th 1994 in Mt. Shasta (prior to my senior year in college). My best summer road race in high school was a 10k in 37:20 (equal to about 29:43 for 5 miles). My best time for the Atwater race as an adult is 32:20. I was by no means a high school all star. I was a solid, slightly above average runner (17:09 cross country 5k pr during hs).

We should hopefully have 2 guys under 30 min, but the bigger test will be to see how many guys go under 35.

On the girls side, I am really interested to see how many girls we can put under 40 minutes. I think we should have 3 girls faster than that time. The real test for the girls will be to see how our new runners are progressing. Any new girls finishing in under 45 minutes are making great progress and are on course to really help the team out this season.

There is also a 2 mile race for brand new athletes that have not done much running at all yet this summer. Some of our newest runners may want to enter this one instead. I will probably jump in and run the 2 mile, so you can all laugh at me as I go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment