Team's Weekly Activity

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Camp Was Hugely Successful

The Huskies returned on Monday from their annual summer training camp. This year's camp was the best attended camp in our team's history. Not only was it the best attended, but I believe, we put in some of the most solid training that any team has ever done while at camp.

Camp was made more interesting by the addition of Scarlett McPhillips from Wales, who attended with her father, Tom. Scarlett has only just turned 13, but she is already running comparably to where Becky was as a 15 year old.

I am posting the results of the team time trial around Donner Lake (7.1 miles at 6000' elevation). I will post again soon with photos and video.

Team Time Trial Results
Lucas Fisher 48:53 (#5 on boys all time list)
Becky Hobby 48:57 (#1 on girls all time list)
Max Ortiz 51:31
Jacob Aldava 53:16
Scarlett McPhillips 54:26
Leo Vasquez 58:08
Aubrey Fisher 58:27 (#2 on all time hughson girls list)
Kady Daugherty 1:06:52
Pablo Madrigal 1:15:06 (lost 17 minutes on a wrong turn)
Brandon Herroz 1:16:35
Caleb Sawyer 1:18:32
Savannah Perez 1:20:42
Tiffany Spears 1:24:00
Tasha Spears 1:25:58

8 comments:

  1. Trying to figure out a way to get you the video clips, Joel (as your email is still down?). I could upload them to GOOGLE DOCS, then you can d/l from there? I'll post a complete DVD to you when finished, but you'll want to do your own thing too. (Couldn't put them on your computer--complete file was too large for the remaining space on my memory stick.) I also have slow motion and "7 frame" analysis of nearly everyone at camp. I could separate these out for each individual, upload them to my YOUTUBE account, then you could access them (post them on your blog?) from there?

    PS: tell Sean my mother is searching for a small Scottish rugby jersey to go with his Welsh one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone for letting me train with you at camp. I had an amazing time and made friends I hope to keep in touch with. I don't get the opportunity to train with other people who enjoy running, so it was great for me to run with you all. Good luck for cross country season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah thanks for coming! it was a lot of fun and hopefully we will keep in touch! us girls can get pretty crazy when were together (but in a good way of course) i hope you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Scarlett. This is Keaton Crowder, a member of the Hughson Cross-country team who did not attend camp. I am really upset that I did not get to see you, but I hope that we can still stay in touch. I think that it is really amazing how dedicated you are to running at such a young age. Well, hope to talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kady, it did get quite crazy, but in the best way! I had loads of fun and had a great time with you all :)

    Thank you Keaton, it would be great to keep in touch with you. I really enjoy talking to other people that love running as much as I do! I hear from the other Hughson cross-country team members that you are very dedicated also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I am usually quite busy, but I do not enjoy being idle. If you would like to stay in touch my email is keasport@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete