Team's Weekly Activity

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Guidance from the CIF

Hi team.  Most of you have probably already heard that all fall sports have been pushed back to start in December. 

Some  of you have been working really hard for months now, and I don't want to waste that fitness.  I'm planning some virtual competitions for September and October to help keep your mojo going.

Please see the short explanatory video I have posted to youtube.

These races will be time trials, so I will adjust our training a little bit. Time trialing can often produce faster times than actual races because in a time trial, everyone in the race is pushing for the fastest time possible, whereas in a race, that is not always the case.  In an actual race, some people try to slow the pace down to maximize their kicks. 

I'm really excited to try something new this year.  Please understand that although this is not a normal situation, I'm 100% dedicated to the proposition that your season will be the best it can be!

Happy Running

CoachB

No comments:

Post a Comment