Team's Weekly Activity

Monday, July 18, 2016

Possible Trip to Bay Area for Track Meet

So, as summer is winding down, one of the things that could be fun to do is test our fitness in a very low key track meet.  The Los Gatos All Comers Series has been going for years.  The meets run weekly starting in June and continuing through the summer.  The date that would work for us to go is July 28th Auguast 4th. I have personally raced against former olympic team members who have randomly showed up to the meet.  I don't see the meet records on the web site, but I can assure you they are fast.  I know for certain that the record for the men's mile is 3:59.4 (unless it's been broken recently).

After your race, I encourage you to go out on the local trails for a nice long cool down (er....actually, just do a good training run). The trail system is varied and fun. You could loop up through St. Joseph's Hill Open Space Preserve  Follow the course of the Dammit Run or just run out the Los Gatos Creek Trail for something a little flatter (however, the creek trail does go to the top of the Lexington Reservoir Dam, if you head south on it).

I'm not sure that I will be able to take this trip.  We are planning a little family excursion that week. If there is not a great amount of interest, I'll likely take the trip with my family on the 28th and then be around to sell fundraiser tickets on Saturday the 30th. I'm sure the bold amongst you could figure out how to get there on your own, if I'm unable to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment