Team's Weekly Activity

Monday, June 6, 2011

Time to get those week 1 totals to me

All right, boys and girls. Week one is in the books. I know that a bunch of you have been running. I saw Big Mac with my own eyes. Great job getting out on the roads. Please e-mail me your totals for the week so that I can log them in. Also, here is a video from the state track meet for inspiration.

Boys 3200 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1YYM2JHdUc&feature=channel_video_title

Halsted made one of the gutsiest moves I've ever seen at this level of racing. It is almost identical to the move that Ernesto Madrigal made to win our league meet in 2002, it is just much harder to pull off at the highest levels. He ended up 3rd, but probably wouldn't have been better than 6th or 7th if he hadn't done what he did. Watch and enjoy.

I wanted to post the Girls 800 here also, but can't find the video. National record by Amy Weissenbach of 2:02.4. The girl went out in 57 and hung on! Amazing. I wish I could find the vid.

So far, Ian Brooks is the only one who has sent me his totals.  He got 32 miles for the first week.....not too bad for week one of the summer.  He can definatley build on that.

1 comment:

  1. The video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv2BFieCHsk&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete